Vacancy: Environmental Policy Consultant
Yayasan Rumah Energi (YRE) is looking for a Consultant to conduct a study that measures the economic, social and environmental impacts of untreated livestock waste, provide innovative policies on livestock waste management with deployment of biogas and models of incentives for livestock breeders. The policy recommendation will be the basis for advocating BIRU program to relevant ministries/agencies and local government offices.
The objective of this Study is to provide in-depth analysis and recommendation on policy models on to better manage livestock waste based on an thorough assessment of environmental, social and economic impacts of livestock waste. The Study serve as a basis for further advocacy to relevant Ministries/Agencies/Local Government (i.e. Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Bappenas/PPN, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources and local government offices)
Duration of Contract : 16th of December 2020 to 29th January 2021
Deadline submission : December 17th 2020 by 17.00 WIB
Document required : Proposal with detailed budget proposed
Both individual consultant and a consulting firm (“Consultant”) are invited to lodge their bids for the project. The consultant or firm is expected to have the following qualifications:
- A master degree in the field that is relevant to the objective of the study including but not limited to engineering, finance, environmental studies, energy, etc.
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in conducting environmental studies and policy studies.
- Excellent oral and report writing in English
- Established excellent networks in Ministries/Agencies and local governments.
Scope of Work
The consultant is expected to produce a Policy Paper that encompasses the following components:
- Review of current laws and regulations on livestock waste management including policies issued by local government in YRE’s priority provinces namely: East Java, Central Java, D.I. Yogyakarta, South Sulawesi, West Nusa Tenggara (if any). In the case where the provinces have not yet issued a policy(ies) on livestock waste management, the consultant is allowed to provide at least3 (three) local government policies from other provinces.
- Provide analysis on the economic, social and environmental impact of untreated livestock andthe cost benefit analysis of having a policy on livestock waste management.
- Provide innovative policies that addresses livestock waste management and incentive modelsthat trigger behavior change of livestock breeders.
The details of each of the aspects are as explained in on this document. Download ToR
For proposals and budget details, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15 December 2020